Zesty and protein-rich, use the beans you love.
RECIPEMakes 2 cups
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed*
- 3-4 tablespoons tahini
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sprigs fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pour drained beans into food processor or blender. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Add tahini, olive oil, and lemon and blend until desired consistency is reached. More water may be added if necessary.
- Blend in salt and oregano to taste. Note: Other beans and herbs can be used in place of this combination.
*In Bon Appétit kitchens, menu items containing beans are made with cooked dry beans. You can substitute cooked dry beans for canned beans in your home as well. They may take longer to prepare, but have fresher flavor and are lower in sodium.